Duty Free/GST Refunds
Travelling overseas? The Australian Government's Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS) enables you to purchase goods Duty Free from Camzilla or any Australian retailer.
The TRS lets you claim a refund (subject to certain conditions) of the GST that you pay on items purchased in Australia.
The main points you need to know are:
* The duty on cameras has been replaced by the 10% GST.
* The GST can be claimed back if the item is purchased within 60 days of departure.
* You must show your Tax Invoice at the Customs desk at the International Terminal before you depart.
* You can open up and use the goods within the 60 days prior to departure but you must take the goods through Customs with you.
* The minimum purchase is $300 incl GST, and all purchased items must appear on the one Tax Invoice or combined over multiple invoices from the one retailer.
For full details just download a copy of the TRS brochure here.