The new Freewell X5 Triple Filter Pack is the perfect fit for the DJI X5 or X5R camera with the standard DJI lens, or any lens with a 46mm filter thread. It contains these three filters:
- ND: The multicoated Variable ND Filter lets you change how much light is stopped by simply turning the front of the filter from ND2 to ND400, which equals a range of 1 stop to 8 2/3 stops. This enables excessive light in bright situations to be reduced, ideal for when a decreased shutter speed or a narrower depth is field is required.
- CPL: The multicoated, rotatable Circular Polarising Filter improves overall image quality in two ways. Firstly, it increases colour contrast and saturation, typically noticeable in the contrast of blue skies. Secondly, it reduces reflections often seen when photographing water, glass and similar reflective surfaces. The CPL filter ensures uniform light distribution, maintaining sharpness and colour balance.
- UV: The multicoated UV Filter blocks UV light from entering the lens, reducing blurring, haziness and blue casting. It's a useful filter to leave on when the others aren't needed, for protection against dust, moisture and scratches.
Each filter is made from high quality optical glass and weighs just 11gm, resulting in no effect on gimbal balance.
The X5 Filter Pack includes:
- 1 x Variable ND2-400 (1 stop to 8 2/3 stops)
- 1 x CPL Filter
- 1 x UV Filter
- 1 x Fabric storage pouch (fits 4 filters)
- 1 x Lens Cleaning Pen
NOTE: The benefit of a variable ND filter is that you don't need to carry a whole collection of different density ND filters.
However, the downside is the lack of measurability. When you turn the filter to make it lighter or darker, you can't measure the actual ND density number (ND4, ND8, etc). So if you need to repeat a particular effect, you'll need to mark its previous position on the ring so that you can locate that position again. Not a big deal but something to be aware of...
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Camzilla users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.